Monday, February 25, 2013

Solnichney Activity

February 23rd is Defender of the Fatherland Day - which equates to Father's Day in the US of A.  We attended an activity in Solnichney and I have some pictures of parts of a skit put on.  It was great - and full of youth and young adults!

The branch president is Armenian and a wonderful man.  We've become friends - he's one of the local leaders who have unwisely challenged me to a barbeque cook off this summer.  I asked Hannah to make some of me Soon-To-Be-Famous Dry Rub - with the shipping costs involved in mailing dy rub 12,000 miles I better WIN!



Sherry and I are starting to feel at home here.  We love the people and are getting to know more and more youth and YSA.  The other day I told Sherry that it's going to be really hard to leave in 17 months.  Kinda crazy, isn't it?
Mother's Day - called Women's Day here - is March 8th.  We're having a district-wide party.  Man, I wish I could be in a skit...but, skits don't work too well when someone has to translate.

Here is a  picture of me and Elder Bateman and McClure.  McClure is from Medford - we're home boys...Elder Bateman is our new district leader.




Things are really starting to go well.  We're starting to feel some hope...:-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment