Monday, July 22, 2013

Weird Stuff & Saratov Activity Center

Okay - three weird things happened this week.  First - I decided I can't eat popcorn.  The last few times I've eaten popcorn the next day the joints in my body have hurt and I've felt kinda yucky. Since popcorn has always been my favorite vegetable this is a problem.  Maybe I'll just experiment and see what size bowl I can have without any symptoms...sort of like seeing how close to the edge of the cliff you can stand without falling off. Yeah, that's the solution!  Second - Sherry made pot roast the other day...nice meat and onions and potatoes and carrots in the crockpot and then a lovely gravy...I felt terrible after I ate it.  We haven't been eating that sort of food much since we have been here. It tasted good but was really heavy and made me feel sluggish and yucky.  What?  You ask how much of it I ate...irrelevant question.  One more of my basic food groups eliminated.  Third - and this is really nuts - I asked Sherry to make borscht.  You know borscht is made with beets and cabbage and other disgusting veggie stuff, right?.  So, why would I ask her to make some?  That's just nuts...but, I've tried borscht a couple of times in cafes and I didn't like it - so I figure I ought to have Sherry make some good stuff and see if I like that.

We're in Russia and I'm doing crazy stuff...maybe it's the water.  They deliver the drinking water in 18.9 liter bottles (like five gallon size) so who knows where it really comes from....



Here's the latest pictures of our Activity Center.  We think it's starting to look pretty great!  Got a ping pong table to put together...got a keyboard delivered today as well.  Just a few more odds and ends and we're done...now we need to fill it with people!

Hannah sent us a very cool map of the world which we put on a bulletin board - we'll have people put stick pins where they are from...missionaries, members, friends...whomever.

Life is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment