Thursday, March 13, 2014

Kholodets

Here's a picture of Elder Reed and I trying some kholodets - Russian Meat Jelly - that Sister Markelov made for us.  You make this by boiling a bunch of meat and bones - bones is where the gelatin part comes from - and letting it cool down and set up.  It's supposed to be eaten cold.

The taste was good but the cold part was not very delicious...

I also read that if you eat kholodets while you are drinking vodka you won't get drunk...and it's good for hangovers...that might explain it's popularity!

Kholodets was the last Russian food I had wanted to try - now I have.  I like borscht better!



1 comment:

  1. Sorry Elder (Bishop) Childers.......that just looks nasty!! We totally miss you and your sweet wife! We are glad you are safe and I love working with your sister in the Primary! Love Carin

    ReplyDelete