Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Salo Brothers

My friend and zone leader, the Mighty Ukranian Elder Davydov informed me that in Kiev they dip salo in chocolate and eat it.  Periodically his parents send him a large package and it ALWAYS has meat in it.  This last package had a zip lock bag with my name on it - about a pound of Ukranian salo. As we all know EVERYTHING is better in the Ukraine - especially the national meat salo. I cooked a few slices and melted some dark Russian chocolate and made us a snack.

Elder Davydov was ALMOST in tears.  Now that we have eaten raw salo and onions and salt AND eaten salo dipped in chocolate we are truly brothers.

I would love to go to Kiev after the mission and visit him and his family.  Probably not gonna happen...

Just for informational purposes when you cook four slices of salo you get a cup of drippings that cook out...so, the remainder is almost healthy.  That kind of logic explains most things about my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment