There is an illegal advertising scheme called Bait and Switch - it's where a store advertises something at a really great price and then when you go in to buy it they don't have it and "switch" you to something else - which, of course, is much more profitable.  I think I am a victim of Bait and Switch.  When we were considering serving a mission I was told many times by numerous respected people that senior missionaries did not have to follow the same schedule as the younger missionaries - who get up at 6:30, for example.  I was even told - numerous times - that senior missionaries could even take naps.  So, in the MTC there was no nap time on the schedule.  Okay, I figure - this is the MTC, it's kind of intense - so I'll get nap time once I get to Russia.  So far, only ONE real nap.  I got a short one today - BUT - we had to get up at 5:00 a.m. to drive to an early-morning seminary class.  Today's "nap" doesn't really count.  Someone needs to answer for this....

Today we got to do our first apartment inspections.  Each "cycle" (a cycle is six weeks - that is how often missionaries are usually subject to being transferred around and getting a new companion to work with and/or a new area to work in...except us senior couples.  We keep our companions FOREVER!!! :-) Hurray!) we inspect each companionships apartment.  We have a checklist, of course.  We also have a large supply of "Super Snickers" which is a double sized Snickers Bar and the reward for having a good inspection.  Let's just say that I am VERY grateful for the nice apartment we live in.  The last inspection we did they lived on the fifth floor and no elevator.  

And another thing - as you probably know I am a carnivore.  I like meat.  It tastes good and has lots of important and vital nutrients and vitamins and minerals.  Vegetables are not my favorite thing.  Especially green ones or cooked ones.  I promised Sherry that I would eat anything placed in front of me without complaint during our mission.  We made a pot of soup today and I chopped up four of those big Russian carrots that I so eloquently poemed about AND a quarter of the huge Russian cabbage I equally poemed about.  That is a LOT of cabbage.  I don't know what is going on but the soup is delicious.  Something ain't right...

Sherry did make chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches for institute tonight....and some oatmeal raisan ones for some reason....at least a small part of the universe is properly aligned.

I love my companion.  It's a joy serving together.