Friday, November 2, 2012

Doggerel


I figure if my elder brother Stephen can write poems to a tree I could certainly write an Ode to a Cabbage.

The Cabbage

Oh, you are large and cost 64 ruble.
And carrying you home was a lot of truble.
I chopped you up with tears of regret
You are the best cabbage I ever et.


Since I am obviously on a roll (dare I say a Cabbage Roll?) - with apologies to Ogden Nash and Lewis Carroll - I will now continue my doggerel with an Ode to the Carrot

The Carrot

The Russian carrot
Has a lot of merit.
It's very sweet
And good to eat.



Doggerel indeed.


I have to get back to work now. We are making spaghetti sauce for our first Institute Student Council meeting tomorrow with fresh mushrooms, peppers and garlic from the renok. We're excited! And Sunday we get to visit two new branches...hope we get to meet some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment